Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Admiration

You know I have to say, my friend Tiffany is pretty cool. She's battled with her weight for years. She decided a week ago to turn all those negative emotions into something positive. She's using the fuel to push herself into the healthy & fit person she sees when she closes her eyes. In her 1st week, she's down 6.8 lbs.


And then I ran across this guy's blog ...I mean, how inspiring is that? Being 500 lbs? I'll tell ya right now, I'd have completely given up. I love his idea of a calorie bank! I'm very use to "low-carb" so counting the calories is something I'm not a real fan of. I guess it requires too much commitment. Sad, eh?

I am still in my pursuit of 30 but it's slowed a bit. I feel like each morning I'm having to press "re-do".

We had a stay-cation this year and went to the gym a few times but didn't do much outside of that. When we went to Blue Ridge this past weekend, it was an eating free-for-all! I keep looking at Mr. Green Jeans (the journal) and seeing the sweet, inspiring card that Danny wrote me on my b*day.... encouraging me, believing in me, supporting me.

We're suppose to do the 62 mile bike ride in September. I don't know how we're ever going to get trained up to that, at this point but - I'm doing my best not to be negative about it.

My positive is fleeting and my negative is infiltrating. As I was driving in this morning I started thinking about what a strong person I was. You couldn't tell me that I couldn't do something. Weight did not defeat me... nothing did. Even when I fell, I flipped it and made it my determination. Now, I feel weak. I miss that girl. I'm hoping to get re-acquainted with her real soon.

Until then...

1 comment:

TiffanyDSmith said...

Sweetie, you have one of your biggest cheerleaders right here! You can do whatever you put you mind to. I KNOW you can. I am gonna be with you every step of the way! I love ya. Never gonna give up on you and we CAN do this...we WILL do this.