Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Year In Review

2009 is over.... 2010 is upon us. At the end of the upcoming year we will have 11, 10, 9 and 7 year old children. As always, I am hopeful for what the year holds. There seems to be so much promise hanging on New Years Eve. This will be the 4th NYE that Danny and I have spent together. I cannot think of a better way to bring in my year than with my best friend at my side. What does 2010 hold for us?

2009 was much better to us than 2008 was. That was our transition year. We were learning how our lives were going to fit together, how we were going to blend 4 children and two completely different households but, we got through it and agreed that in 2009 we've made better decisions with the kids, fought less, loved more. We expect this to be a tradition that we continue in 2010.

It's fun setting aside resolutions knowing you have someone to do them with you. Like my friend Tiffany told me yesterday - this is the year I'm going to complete things. I'm done with the half-hearted attempts or "giving it my best shot". As I've heard many times before - You either "do" or you "don't". There is no "try". I told Danny last night that I plan on focusing on being a better wife and mother in 2010. I think I spent a lot of 2009 trying to work on friendships that weren't ever suppose to be. In 2010, I'm done trying to "make" people like me. I am who I am... and God knows I'm the best "me" I can be. I'm flawed, ugly at times, moody, and jealous. I'm a perfect representation for why Christ died... I need Him, and that's evident every time I open my mouth. The hope I have in this upcoming year is that I focus more on the Lord and my family and less on the things that just don't matter.

In 2009 Danny and I did a lot of fun things together and we both look forward to doing much of the same this year! We are planning on throwing our house back up on the market earlier this year to see if we get a bite. We certainly hope that it happens this time!

As there are far too many events in 2009 to mention in a single blog, I thought I'd try my hand at a photo dialogue. Here are some of my fav pics from this year (in random order):



































2010 - here we come!
Until Then...

No comments: