Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dear Mister Cupcake...

I see you sitting there on the credenza. I've walked past you 6xs this morning. I've heard you whisper to me each time I breeze by you... wafting your sweet scent into my nostrils. I wanted to let you know - I will not succumb to you, wicked temptress. I'm not going to buy into your purple piped frosting and circular, multi-colored sprinkles. Not you, or your chocolate friend with the plastic ring prize I would win for eating. Jewelry AND dessert? How cunning of you, Mister Cupcake. I don't care that under that sugary layer lies moist, buttery yellow cake. That is of no concern to me since I don't want you. And though I will walk by you many more times today as I walk the break room to and fro, I will again turn my nose up at you. My thighs will thank me as I press on. Perhaps by the end of the day I will truly be convinced that you are 497 calories of pure evil. Knowing that I am not alone in my strolls next to your alluring decadence, I will focus on the fact that people have sneezed near you, perhaps touched you & placed you back neatly into your small plastic holder that so carefully cradles your round bottom. You may get some - but you will never have me, sweet Mister Cupcake. My only hope is that by the time I clock out and leave this place today you will find yourself in the bottom of a trash can next to your kindred spirits - the garbage.

I will hold my head high in victory (this time), Mister Cupcake.
Until next time,
~Amber

Until then....

No comments: