Monday, February 22, 2010

Dear Friends

If there is one thing in this life I truly do not understand it's friendships. These, you would think, would be easy to navigate. But I, however, cannot seem to manage. I can't seem to please my friends and it's very frustrating. I know what you're thinking... you can't win 'em all and you're only suppose to try to please the Lord. See, I don't like when people dislike me. And when they do, I want to understand it and try to fix it. I don't like when things remain broken.
However, there are times when friendships cannot be repaired and you must simply hand it over to the Lord and walk away. There are those that believe I have a perfect life and have no cause to ever have a bad day. I was literally told "It completely confuses me when you have a bad day because you have it all. If I had what you have, I would never be sad." That frustrates me on a whole HOST of levels.

On the other hand, there are other friendships that suddenly tank and there is seemingly no rhyme or reason. One day things are fine and before you know it, you've said something to offend someone and the friendship has taken a drastic turn toward "no longer friends". I wish things were simpler. I wish I actually knew when I did something instead of always wondering if something is wrong.

So, what do you do when you go to your "friend" and pour your heart & soul out to them... try earnestly to make amends, and it is rejected or not met with the same whole-hearted sense of forgiveness?

I guess I resort to all I know to do... just give space and hand it over to the Lord. Knowing I've done all I can to try and make it right. I guess the old cliche' is true... you truly can't win 'em all.

Unitl Then...

No comments: