Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I thought I was going to lose it!

Help! I'm drowning!

in FAT!!!!!!!!!

I need someone to explain this situation to me:

reducing calories (and now, carbs)
drastically increasing exercise (6 days a week, 45 min minimum)
5 straight weeks

HOWEVER!!!!

I get on the scale today - and I'm up 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

Take a moment to let that sink in.

HOW is this even possible - you may be asking yourself?

Let me see if I can remove some of those ponderings:

No, I am not about to have my "monthly visitor"
No, it cannot possibly be "muscle"because I haven't lost a single inch.
No, I am not feeling better in my clothes
No, I am not over-eating


Now.
Can you tell me how this is humanly possible? Don't you have to TRY to gain 8 lbs in 2 weeks? I sure as heck wish I'd have enjoyed that! There were MANY meals I passed up hoping to see the fruits of my labor but - HA!

As I stood at the gym this morning looking over my choice of cardio machines I heard the rational side of me say:

"Why? Why are we doing this?... Why are you about to sweat? I mean - for what? Another 8 pounds? Seriously?"

But - I did get on the elliptical. And - I decided to punish myself. I put the resistance up so hard I could almost not move the pedals. I pushed until sweat flowed from every part of me. I did this for 15 minutes. Then, I got off and went to the weight machines. I went up 10 lbs on every machine. My legs were on FIRE. I was in PAIN!...but, that's what I get.
So, I then got on the recumbent for 15 minutes - again, until I was ready to faint.

Once I was done, we walked 2 laps upstairs on the track to cool down. There was honestly a voice inside me that said "Run girl! You need to get some of this junk OFF!"

but - I did not heed that voice.

I'm frustrated beyond words (though I've used a lot of words here, huh?). I can't figure this out and it's pissing me off. I'm the type of person that needs RESULTS to continue doing something... and when I don't see A SINGLE REWARD ....and what's a super SLAP in the face is an E-I-G-H-T POUND GAIN!!!!!!

I am so sick of looking & feeling this way. WHY can I not take this mess off?!

Sweet baby Jesus - help me. *whew*

Well - thanks for letting me have an episode. Until next time! =)

No comments: