Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Little Lighter!

This morning Danny and I got on the scale to see the results of our 2+ weeks at the gym. We have been going 4 days a week faithfully since Jan 5th. The weekend work-outs haven't panned out as well but we have remained highly active. So first thing this morning, before our entire wardrobe and shoes were donned, we decided to make it official and get on that scale. Oh, and write it on our calendar, too! Cause what's the point of having a 180 Day Challenge if we're not going to keep a record of our progress!

The Official Results:
Danny: -8.0 lbs
Amber -6.6 lbs

I'm pretty jazzed about our 8 & 6 lb losses. We're not doing "low carb" this time, or some crazy cabbage soup diet or anything like that. We're really just watching our calories, increasing our exercise, and cutting back on our snacks. I've had 1.5 sodas since Jan 1. Otherwise, I've had water,a small cup-o-tea, and a little juice. We've been focusing on breakfast every day, making sure we eat a great lunch, and a smaller portioned dinner with salads (light dressing), lots of veggies and avocado [which I freakin' love!!!]. No, the weight isn't "falling off" like I'd like... by this time, I was hoping to be 20 lbs lighter and scouting bikini's for the summer... My impatience was BEAMING THROUGH yesterday. I'm weary from fighting this battle that has had the upper hand for many years. I want to finally be able to shop in the "normal" section again... and not worry about the cupcake or muffin top that has began to plague me. I'm also worried because I hear that once you turn 30...it's much harder to lose weight... and I'll be 28 this year. I cannot IMAGINE it being harder than now... so! I've got to knock this out quick!

But - I know the way we're doing this is the "correct" way... and as long as we're faithful, the weight will begin to come off and STAY off!

I hope y'all are doing good on your resolutions! Let me know!!

1 comment:

Ninny said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm proud of both of you. I didn't have problems losing weight till I hit my 40's.