What a better way to welcome Springtime than to let the kiddos off school for a week? I can think of no better reward for surviving months of education than to be out with a week of gorgeous weather. Mr. Wonderful and I always find a way to take some time off during this mini-holiday. This time I was assigned Monday & Tuesday.
Yesterday, neighbor kids of all ages flooded our backyard to play on the play land, pick 3 leaf clovers & try to make it 4, throw dirt, play tag, dig for "crystals" (that I had to convince them wasn't worth money), and - of course, lots & lots of screaming & running. *Ah-childhood*
Today, the brave Aunt Lee is coming to get the 3 girls for Mani-Pedi's (yes, you read that right). That leaves me with the boy! And, as I've mentioned before...he's much different than the girls. Since it's really not kosher to take an 8 year old boy for a mani-pedi, I've given him the option to spend the day w/his fantastic step-mom....doing whatever he wants to do.
Anyone care to take a stab at this?
Of course. Chuck-E-Cheese. A pocket of tokens and no one to share them with? Yes please.
So, when Aunt Lee comes over - the boy & I will sneak off to Chuck's house. What's better is the girls have no clue. It's our little secret!! He did mention at the kitchen table last night that today was going to be the "best day ever"... It would be even sweeter if he didn't say that all the time...lol.
On another note, I decided to kick it up a notch at the gym - and I'm in some pain y'all. The Y has this thing called the "Wellness Key". It's basically a mini-electronic-personal trainer. You plug it into a machine and it tells you what to do.
Well.
Lemme tell ya - I was feeling good about what I was doing in the gym until this morning and realized - I am still far from "in-shape". HOLY COW! It made me walk on the treadmill for 10 mins at 3.6 straight. No big deal...a little sweaty, but not hard. Then - it told me to get on the weights. That's where the abuse began. It kicked up my weights by almost triple... HOLY-MOTHER I am hurting. And sore! And my butt muscles are burning...even as I sit & type this!
So ...this will be my new routine for a few weeks. Well, every-other-day I'll do that routine and on the off days, I get what's called "free time"...oh-boy! I wonder if they'll let me nap in the weight-room!
Alright...better get up & find out what the vacationers would like for breakfast. Yesterday was all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. I'm thinking this morning is cinnamon rolls or banana bread - & eggs. *mmmm*
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment