Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cow Appreciation Day!

So, my best good friend and I (that's Stephanie to you...) had quite an interesting lunch yesterday. We have a standing lunch on the first Friday of each month. Yesterday, as all Chic-Fil-A lover knows, was Cow Appreciation Day. What is this, you may ask?

Dress like a cow = get free chicken.
It's also known as "Chicken Haters Day" in some circles.

Any-hoo. Steph had the great idea for this fun lunch outing. We'd dress like cows and head on down to our local Chic-Fil-A establishment in Smyrna and "Moo" for our lunch!! She brought in spot-shaped pieces of felt and some safety pins (cow shirts!) and soon, we were ready for the adventure.
After waiting through herds and herds of other heifers and bulls (and too many calves to count) we finally made it to the counter where, to our surprise, no free lunch was waiting. We actually paid before the sweet-sweet lady behind the counter said "Oh - are you suppose to be dressed like cows?".. (i choose at this moment to make no derogatory comments regarding our kind cashier)

As we gave her a blank stare and finally said "Um, yes - indeed we are, madam" she then offered us a free meal. To avoid being trampled by the stampede, we declined the offer and went to sit outside away from the pasture. I ran back in to use the little cow-girl's room and when I came back, Steph had scored us two free mini-cows.

"I'm getting something free out of this, damnit!" - she exclaimed.

I was proud of my heifer friend. She HAD scored us something free. Not only our very own plush bovine, but years of memories and hopefully an annual tradition!

"Where's the beef" you're now asking - see below.

That's right - Kool Kidz Eat Chikin... Feel the peer pressure.That's right.... You, too, can look sexy in a cow cut-out.The two most awesome heifers on the planet. I've got one more thing to say...

"Moo-Moo, Mutha-Effas!!!"

No comments: