Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's The Great Easter, Charlie Brown!

On Friday night, I was asked the one question every parent of an 8 year old dreads...........

"You're the Easter Bunny, aren't you...."

*gulp*

As I continue to strongly plead the 5th, please see the baskets that ...eh-hem... "THE EASTER BUNNY" dropped off on our kitchen table Sunday morning...

They each got a new Webkinz, some silly putty, a few Easter eggs filled with jelly bellys (yep, buttered popcorn included) and mini-robin's eggs, and a few more random things I honestly cannot recall at this late hour... but, we did try to limit the amounts of candy we gave them this time.

Before I get any angry emails or posts, I do encourage each of you to ask my children what Good Friday and Easter means and why we celebrate it.... Danny and I make sure to teach the children that we're not just getting and giving stuff on these holidays for no good reason. It's important to both of us that all 4 of our babies know Jesus and it's our job to help them understand why we do-what-we-do.

OK!... Check out the baskets. I think they'll approve!


On a slightly more centemental note, it kinda sucks the girls (only Caitlin and Michiah) know that I'm the Easter Bunny... Have you kinda got the hint that I hate that they're growing up? Caitlin even said to me..."Don't worry, Momma, I'm not going to tell Molly... She's still little and it's still important to her"

*sigh*....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Amber, my children know that I am the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus. They also know what happened on Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. Thanks for sharing the wonderful moments in your lives! Love, Aunt Connie